FedEx Delivery Manager is a suite of options that provides U.S.-based recipients with convenience, flexibility and features to customize deliveries to their homes while packages are in transit, helping recipients avoid the inconvenience of missed deliveries. It's available for package deliveries in the U.S.*
With FedEx Delivery Manager, recipients benefit from:
- Visibility into packages being delivered to or recently shipped from their home address, without the need for a tracking number or FedEx account number. Only sign-up is required. You can also request updates on the status of your shipments every step of the way, via email, SMS text and/or phone. Available for FedEx Express®, FedEx Ground®, FedEx Home Delivery® and FedEx SmartPost® shipments (shipment-status notifications are not available with FedEx SmartPost).
- Options that help you control where and when packages are delivered. Options you can request include:
- Schedule your delivery.
- Select a date, a time, or a date and time combination that fits your schedule, after the original delivery commitment date and time.** Available for most residential addresses (including Alaska and Hawaii) served by FedEx Express and FedEx Home Delivery, for packages originating from and delivered within the U.S.
- Delivery on a specific date: Request delivery on a specific business day within 7 calendar days after the original scheduled delivery date. The original delivery commitment time applies.
- Delivery at a specified time: Request delivery between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. by the original scheduled delivery date.
- Delivery on a specific date at a specified time: Request delivery on a specific date and within a specified time period. You choose a 2-hour window between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. (for FedEx Express) or between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. (for FedEx Home Delivery), on a business day within 7 calendar days on or after the original scheduled delivery date.
- Deliver to another address. Have packages delivered somewhere other than the original home address.** Available for all areas served by FedEx Express, FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery.
- Hold at Location. Have packages held at a nearby FedEx Office or FedEx Express location. Available for FedEx Express, FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery shipments.
- Sign for a package. Sign for packages in advance of delivery and authorize FedEx to deliver the shipment even if you are not home to receive it. Available only for Indirect Signature Required packages delivered via FedEx Express, FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery. Option applies to all Indirect Signature Required or no-signature-required packages on the same delivery stop.
- Provide delivery instructions. Provide specific instructions on where you want packages delivered at your home. Options include front porch, back door or patio, side door, main entrance or front desk, security or guard post, and apartment office. Available for FedEx Express, FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery shipments.
- Request vacation hold. Suspend all deliveries to your home address within a date range. (You may suspend delivery for up to 14 days from the date you request the hold. There must be 6 calendar days in between your vacation holds.) Available for FedEx Express, FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery shipments.
- Access to FedEx Delivery Manager through fedex.com on your desktop, tablet or smartphone, or through our iOS or Android application.
To learn more and sign up for FedEx Delivery Manager, go to fedex.com/delivery.
*Deliveries to a U.S. home address from outside the U.S. are eligible for all features except the option to schedule your delivery, or request delivery to another address.
**A per-package fee may be assessed for these requests. Recipients will be presented with full charges before confirming their request. All charges are backed by the FedEx Money-Back Guarantee. To request a refund or credit under the FedEx Money Back Guarantee, go to fedex.com/billingadjustment.
The shipper can request to change a delivery address from what was originally on the air waybill or shipping label. FedEx can reroute a shipment if it is authorized by the sender. Only one reroute per package is allowed.
A reroute can include changes from one street address to another in the same city/state; a request to hold the package at FedEx location. If you want to re-route a shipment, call Customer Service and provide the following information: FedEx tracking number, the new destination address and contact telephone number for the recipient.
Fees may apply. Typically a reroute fee is $15.
However, if the address is changed to a new state, the shipment might be charged as an entirely new shipment which would require the sender to pay an additional charge as if it were another separate shipment.
If you change the instructions to hold packages for pickup instead of delivery, there may be no charges assessed. If the package is changed to hold at a FedEx location, the person authorized to pick up the package will require photo I.D. FedEx. Also, money-Back Guarantee do not apply to shipments that are rerouted.